Met het laatste computerschaaknieuws uit het buitenland :
The 2007 Second Annual ACCA President's Tournament
2007 World Computer Rapid Chess Championships
Current date will be the weekend of July 21st & 22nd 2007. It will
utilize Rapid Chess time controls. The tournament will happen over the internet
(ICC) but we encourage those that live close enough to gather at one place to
improve the experience and share ideas !!
||Tim Mann's Winboard
or Allesandro Scotti's Winboard_X
||14 Rounds (8 Rounds Saturday and 6 Rounds Sunday)
||Below Round Times may be slightly adjusted
|Round Times (Eastern USA)
|Saturday July 21
||Rd 1 9am
||30 min break between rounds 4 & 5
|Sunday July 22
||Rd 9 9am
||First to 2pts Playoff at G/14+1 (higher finisher gets white first)
||ICC will provide temporary free accounts for participants allowing
access before the tournament
||Provided by ICC
- Standard rules of chess apply: Three fold repetition, 50 move rule
- Only the author of the program or an approved operator may enter.
- Entrants are open to author's and (qualified) operator's from the
- Given the President's tournament is to be a fun tournament, the
President is allowed some invited guests (humans and programs).
- Programs must be logged in 5 minutes before each rounds start time.
- Programs must run in an automated fashion. You can start them but
they must run by themselves and make all decisions themselves (including
- Programs must kibitz
their PV and (if possible) a message that the move is a book move. If
possible, kibitz only
on your turn not during pondering. You may kibitz
a few plies before the final ply, but keep it to a minimum as too many
will block all that chatter amongst the participants which most of us
want to participate in.
- Participants are allowed 2 disconnects due to accidents. On the
third disconnect the match is forfeit. A 5 minute allowance is granted
for each disconnect. The third disconnect must be reported to the TD
and the TD will make the ruling.
- Programs must be able to resume a match after a disconnect. This is
part of the Winboard protocol so it should be already handled.
- Initial seedings will be based on ICC (standard), RWBC and WBEC
- In the event of a odd number of entrants, an alternate program may
be entered to avoid byes.
- In the event of a dispute, the TD & Organizer decision is final
and the spirit of this tournament will be considered in all disputes.
- Each program must be the work of the author. Entrants may not copy
the work of others.
- (A) The exception to this is any work that uses the LesserProphet1.0.1
as its base, but it may not use other code from other sources.
- (B) Clone accusations will be handled privately so as not to
unduly harm reputations.
- (C) The entrant accused of cloning is considered innocent until
- (D) The reuse of concepts/ideas is allowed. The reuse of
code/parameters/frameworks is not allowed.
- (E) If an entrant is accused of cloning, the accusation and data
will be reviewed first.
- (F) The entrant accused of cloning may be required to submit
compilable source code and the executable being run in the
tournament for review. If the accused fails to provide the
information, the entrant is dropped from the tournament.
- (G) The accused entrant will be able to defend his/her work.
- (H) If the accused entrant is found to be a clone, it will be
dropped from this tournament.
- (I) The TDs and a knowledgable review committee will be created
to review the case.
- If an entrant makes several unsubtantiated claims of others being
clones, that entrant will be dropped from this tournament.
- An author may enter more than one program as long as they are
substantially different programs as opposed to a different version of
the same program.
- In case of a tie, there will be a G/14+1 playoff after a small break
(long enough for the orgainzer to verify results). The higher finisher
gets white first. The higher finisher is decided by the running sum of
points gained (a win in Rd 1 counts as 14 pts, a win in Rd 2 counts as
|allow kibitz varibale must be 1:
||set allowkib 1
|noescape variable must be 0 (disconnect/reconnects are allowed
||set noescape 0
|Use a special formula for the tournament:
||set formula computer & unrated & time=28 & inc=1
|Join computer discussion channel on ICC:
||Have a backup computer ready in case of crash.
Thanks and Credits
Thanks go to the ICGA and
the sponsors of the CCT's. I
reviewed their rules as guidelines for our rules.
Special thanks to ICC for supporting